MOMS AT OM 50 HR
Learn tools to encourage mindful conception, healthy pregnancy, and empowered birth, and how to use Yoga Postures, Movement, Breath, and Meditation to encourage a healthy pregnancy, birth, and postpartum recovery.
What to expect
In this 50 hour Moms At Om™ Prenatal Teacher Training, you will learn the tools to encourage mindful conception, healthy pregnancy, and empowered birth.
This training will teach you how to use Yoga Postures, Movement, Breath, and Meditation to encourage a healthy pregnancy, birth, and postpartum recovery. Topics covered will include Mindful Conception, the Anatomy and Physiology of the Pregnant Body, Stages of Labor, and the Anatomy and Physiology of the Postpartum Body. We will create Dynamic, therapeutic prenatal yoga sequences both for group and private classes and we will explore teaching pregnancy yoga to partners.
Most importantly we will learn how to teach a dynamic, safe, and therapeutic prenatal yoga class while building community as a birth worker. This training is designed for Yoga Teachers, Birth Professionals, and All Women curious about birth and motherhood.
It will include 35 classroom hours, plus an optional 15 hours of classroom observation and homework assignments for those who would like to receive Moms At Om™ 50hr Prenatal Certification.
All sessions will include a 1 hour lunch break for students to grab lunch and have time to socialize and get to know one another.
Table of Contents
- Journey to Pregnancy (“Feel Good Fertility” reference Toni Weishler’s Taking Charge of Your Fertility and Flo app)
- Fertility Yoga (reference Luna Yoga book)
- “Sacred Feminine” Attracting a Healthy Partner (Journaling/Energy Clearing/Therapy) Reference Sacred Woman Book
- Mindful and Miraculous Conception
- Feel Good Pregnancy Yoga – Mother/ Baby Connection
- Anatomy & Physiology – First, Second, Third Trimester
- Nutrition – Organic Whole Foods
- Creating Space for New Role as a Mother/ Building Community/ Blessingway for Mother AND Baby Shower for Baby
- Birth Prep: Anatomy & Stages of Labor
- Comfort Measures & Postures for Birth
- Unmedicated vs Medicated Birth (No shaming)
- Vaginal vs. Cesarean Birth (No shaming)
- Birth Preferences : Home Birth/Hospital Birth/ Procedures
- Benefits of Doula Support in Pregnancy & Birth
- Feel Good Pregnancy Yoga & Breath & Meditation
- Therapeutics for common pregnancy complaints
- Use of Props and Modifications in pregnancy yoga class
- Research Study: Pregnancy Yoga can shorten Labor and improve outcomes
- Modifying a Prenatal Student in General Yoga Class
- Sequencing Prenatal Yoga Class for Private Client
- Sequencing Prenatal Yoga Class for Group
- Pregnancy Yoga Class Format for Building Community
- Prenatal Yoga Teaching Do’s and Don’ts
- The Role of a Teacher
- Holding Space as a Prenatal Yoga Teacher
- Your Responsibility as a Birth Worker
- Building your Network and Pregnancy Resource List
- Prenatal Yoga Restoratives
- Prenatal Yoga Massage Techniques
- Pregnancy Yoga for Partners
- Postnatal Yoga and the postpartum body (includes sequences)
- Pelvic Floor Anatomy
- Core Lab: Diastasis Checks
- Postnatal Therapeutics : Rehab Post birth
- Postnatal Breath and Meditation/ Life w/ Baby
- Connecting to Community of Mothers
- Baby and Me Yoga and First Year Stages (includes sequences)
- Benefits of Infant Massage (includes sequences)
- Effects of Music and Language on Baby’s brain
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Finding Quiet Moments to connect/Creating Self Care Rituals
- Carving out Time for YOU (within the many roles of Mother, Wife, Woman, Friend, Sister, Daughter)
- Finding Your Parenting Style
- Staying Open. Preparing for Baby #2
Homework only has to be completed if you want a Certificate to TEACH PRENATAL YOGA CLASS
per person for Full Course (all 4 days)
per day (choose which days to attend):
“Wonderful. Throughout my pregnancy you were supportive and provided such wonderful resources and information to me. I felt ready and at ease about having a natural childbirth prior to deciding to be induced. As you know, a lot happened during my induction prior to your arrival with the blood pressure scares. But you created a space for me to process all that had happened. A space that was calm, like a Japanese spa ;), and filled with love. It was the exact environment that I wanted my son to enter the world, with or without the interventions. I truly believe that this is why I have such a positive birth memory even with all the scares. Thank you Keya.”
“My husband and I went to Keya’s Partners At Om PLAYSHOP about a month ago, and it was absolutely amazing!!! Keya is a real professional who explains everything in a simple way, makes everyone feel comfortable adapting exercises and answering all the questions. Keya has a lot of experience, so she explained all of our questions and concerns regarding birth preparation, delivery, pair exercises during contractions, breath techniques during delivery, etc. As she worked as a doula in many places she gave all the couples useful feedback and recommendations about birth places they chose for delivery. In our case we weren’t happy about our obstetrician, so she helped us with another one in the same hospital and now we are super happy with the new one! Moreover, Keya is such a positive-energy person that there are no chances you won’t like her classes (including partners!) or leave them with doubts. She promises 100% but gives you 1000%! It’s a pity I found Keya just now, I wish I find her on my 1st-2nd trimester to have a chance to visit more yoga classes and workshops with her. Thank you, Keya, from me and my husband for such a fantastic experience! Absolutely recommend!”
“Your presence was so calming, amazing and helpful. I am so grateful you were there during a very intense, very long labor. You were so encouraging and supportive, but also absolutely able to go with the flow when I made my decisions. I felt like I was constantly supported even when after the 40th hour (!) the labor involved medical intervention. You made me feel confident and in charge of the process, when I could see how easily it could have felt chaotic and out of my control. I am hoping to have you in my life again for future support!”
“Thanks to Keya Merah Nkonoki, I have a healthy, happy yoga baby. Now that my son Sage is two years old, his favorite thing right now is going into down-dog (using his head with booty straight up in the air) and arching into backbends with glee! During my 2nd and 3rd trimesters, I took prenatal yoga with Keya after work throughout my pregnancy. I loved how she always brought a different spiritual message to each class, but the same rock centered energy. She even brought us gratitude rocks at one class, and I still have mine that says “free”… As luck (or the universe) would have it, I got to have Keya at my side, helping me with yoga stretches and breathing, all throughout three long days of my Labor! She was assisting my doula. Everyone in my family was so impressed by Keya’s grounded energy and sweet light she brought into our home and my birth process. She let me squeeze her hand, lean into her with each surge (contraction), do lunges in our courtyard – whatever it took to keep things moving and flowing… My beautiful, healthy son Sage and I are eternally grateful. It was a blessing for me to be able to gift Keya with a private Sacred Infant Massage session in her home when her son Jai 3 was just two weeks old. Namaste…”
“Really great experience! The couples yoga was a treat and not something we have ever done before. To be honest, my husband thought it was going to be super long and boring, but he ended up enjoying it a lot. We plan to use the Lunging (together), rebozo scarf, hip squeeze, tailbone push, ball rolling, and heating pad for our labors. We had a small flood in our house before the workshop, so we came into the class frazzled, but were pretty happy and connected by the end of it. Everything that was presented was really valuable!”
“I first had the pleasure of meeting Keya in a prenatal yoga class at YogaWorks. I’d previously been to another similar class at another location and was disappointed. There was just a bit too much feeling your inner child, lets prance around to mantras for my liking. Keya’s class was the complete opposite, and nothing over the top. She’s super grounded, personable and the class focused on breathing, positions to help an achey mom and great music. In fact, I liked her so much we took a pregnancy workshop with her (which we LOVED). So for those who are hippie-(ish), like our family, but don’t want to sit in too much oming and incense. She is the perfect go to! Highly recommended!“
They assign 160 diapers to each customer, use eco-friendly detergent, oxygenated bleach and pH test each wash to...
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sharing Stories to Build community and connection off the mat.