Questions to ask your doctor… Pre and Post Natal
By: Keya Nkonoki / May 11, 2015
Outside of medical training, how much do you know about your doctor/pediatrician? Here are some things you should know to ask.
Each of us share a unique perspective that frames how we move in our personal and professional lives. Your OB/GYN and PEDIATRICIAN’s opinions can influence so many important decisions during pregnancy and postpartum. Outside of medical training, how much do you know about your doctor? Questions to casually ask your doctor:
- How did you come into the medical profession?
- Do you have children? If yes:
- (If female) What was your pregnancy and birth like?
- (If male) How was your wife’s pregnancy and birth?
- How often and why have you recommended inductions to your clients?
- Do you feel it’s safe to go beyond your due date? If yes, how far?
- Do you feel a mom of advanced maternal age can have good outcomes without intervention in pregnancy and birth?
- How do you view your role in the birthing room?
- What is your cesarean rate?
- How many families have you supported that gave birth entirely drug-free? Do you believe this is possible in some cases?
- Do you have any children of your own? Ages?
- Where do you recommend I go to gather my research on vaccinations?
- Have you seen any of these diseases in your practice?
- What is your philosophy on sleep training?
- Which do you recommend more: crib in our room or crib in baby’s room?
- What type of support / education does your office provide for breastfeeding mothers?
- When and how should we start baby proofing?
- When and what solid foods should we introduce to baby?
- Do you believe the body can resolve most colds and viruses with very little intervention?
- What suggestions can you give us as a family in order to strengthen our immune system especially during cold and flu season?
- Do you ever recommend homeopathic medicine to your patients before prescribing stronger drugs?
- What are your top recommendations for newborn care?
- Have you ever had to call child protective services on a family for not following your suggested plan?
You may also like
All of these methods work, but what your doctor may not tell you... is there is new research......
I'm thankful to be teaching in one of the best Pilates & Movement Studios on the West side with...